One Time Donation
Foster AnimalsWe love our fosters! Fostering an animal for the Humane Society of Richland County is a great way to help the organization and animals in need. It frees up space in the shelter and provides a quiet home atmosphere, which reduces the level of stress that shelter animals often experience.
Interested in fostering? Stop out at the shelter and fill out an application. All fosters must be approved before fostering.
We ask for fosters for pregnant/nursing animals, animals that are under 8 weeks old and injured/behavioral animals. We will provide any medical care that is needed and a crate, if necessary. We ask that the foster home provide food. The shelter staff is the only authorized agent to approve foster homes for the shelters or to place animals in foster homes for the shelter.
VolunteerAs of March 2020, we are suspending our volunteer program and will not be accepting volunteers. We hope to resume the program later in 2021. Once we are accepting volunteers again, they must be at least 18 years or older and have a scheduled time to come in.
We greatly appreciate anyone who is willing to volunteer and we hope to see you in 2021!
Current Shelter Needs
- Canned kitten food (any brand)
- Baby food (meats like turkey, chicken, ham, beef) – Gerber or Heinz (we use on sick animals)
- Proviable probiotic capsules
- Terramycin eye ointment
- Pine litter (like Yesterday’s News or Feline Pine)
- Pet pine pellet bedding (can be found at Tractor Supply and Family Farm and Home)
- Soft/Chewy treats for dogs
- Cat Litter (Clumping or non clumping)
- Cat or dog toys
- Purina Dog Food (Sensitive Skin and Stomach) Salmon recipe
- Purina Cat Food – Sensitive Stomach
- Latex or nitrile disposable gloves (Size medium or large)
- Dryer Sheets
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Parvocide or Kennel Sol Cleaners (found on Amazon)
- Scrubber sponges
- Gift cards for Petsmart, TSC, Pet Supply Plus, Wal-Mart
- Monetary Donations
These are all items the shelter uses on a daily basis. Any kind of donated items are greatly appreciated.