Animal Care Attendant (Part-Time)
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Animal Care Attendant is in charge of keeping shelter animals healthy by maintaining mental and physical health. Duties will include daily routine checks of well-being, ensuring that all animals are up to date on vaccines, kennels are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and that food and medication is being administered.
- Perform daily inspection of shelter facilities to monitor the general health of shelter animals and ensure proper medical care is rendered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides food and water and administers medication/treatments, as assigned, to shelter animals.
- Observe shelter animals to detect signs of illness, injury, or behavioral issues/changes and notify Operations Manager. If needed, transport ill/injured animals to/from vet’s office for appointments and treatment, as assigned.
- Follow safety guidelines to ensure the wellbeing of all animals and staff.
- Ensure all cleaning in assigned areas are completed daily.
- Clean other areas in shelter, as assigned.
- Do laundry and wash dishes.
- Restock litter, food, and supplies.
- Assist in other areas of the shelter, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. High School diploma is required. Previous animal care experience preferred.
This position requires near-constant standing, and frequent kneeling, crouching, and physical exertion. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Please fill out application and mail to HSRC, 3025 Park Avenue West, Ontario, Ohio 44906 or email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or Facebook messages, please.